Holy Trinity Cathedral
In 1911 the Holy Trinity Cathedral, one of the Caribbean's most impressive landmarks, opened its doors to a large congregation on North Street in Kingston, Jamaica after the original Roman Catholic Church, the Holy Trinity church, was destroyed by a shattering earthquake in 1907. Designed by Raymond F. Admiral and decorated by Brother Francis c. Shroen, an American Jesuit, the Cathedral was and to this day remains one of the most magnificent architectural designs in the English speaking Caribbean. Its exterior was designed to reflect the then popular Byzantine revival style and the interior of this grand edifice featured over 3000 feet of inlaid decorative murals and mosaic art artwork, four large minarets decorated with stained glass, and an 85 foot high copper dome and one of the region's most dynamic organs.
1-3 George Headley Drive, Kingston 4, Jamaica WI., Kingston, Jamaika