Cathedral The Basilica of Saint Mary
Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis
More than just a beautiful building, The Basilica of Saint Mary is a gathering place for all those who pass through our doors. It’s a center for the arts, and a place of refuge for the poor. It’s a community committed to the growth and social well-being of the city.
As disciples of Jesus Christ we:
- Practice biblical stewardship,
- Share our faith with others in word and deed,
- Pursue ecumenical and interfaith relationships,
- Extend Christian hospitality, and
- Rejoice in rich diversity.
As Co-Cathedral of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis we are committed to provide:
- Inspiring liturgies and sacred arts,
- Transforming life-long learning opportunities, and
- Engaging service to one another and justice for all.
Constructed between 1907 and 1915, this church also features unique interior details and is an extraordinary example of Beaux Arts architecture. In 1926, we received the official designation as a basilica, making us the first basilica in the United States.
88 North 17th St, Minneapolis, Estados Unidos de América