Print Mail Pdf

Shrine St. Mary of the Angels

Buffalo, NY

Olean  +17163724841 

The parish was established by the Franciscan Fathers of Holy Name Province when they arrived in this area in 1848. The diocese made it a diocesan parish in 1876. The current church was opened in 1915 by the Venerable Nelson Baker and consecrated in 1919 by Most Reverend William Turner, Bishop of Buffalo. The parish has approximately 1500 families. The parish has strong ministries (youth, Pro-Life, Faith Formation, and attentiveness to the marginalized). The church has frequent Eucharistic Adoration and strong devotion to the healing sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick. The parish has strong devotion to the Blessed Mother under the title of St. Mary of the Angels and Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The church's most recent restoration is underway under a 2 Million Dollar Capital Campaign. The church is of neo-gothic architecture with the traditional high altar and communion rail still intact.


202 South Union Street, Olean, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika