Pforten der Barmherzigkeit: Vereinigtes Königreich
The present church building dates from 1960. The parish was founded from a chapel in the grounds of Houghton Hall, Sancton owned by the Langdale family.
The Cathedral Church of the Diocese of Brentwood, England. For further information about the history and architecture of the Cathedral, please visit our website: www.cathedral-brentwood.org
The Cathedral is the mother church of the Catholic community in England and Wales. It was commissioned by Cardinal Herbert Vaughan and built by in the Neo-Byzantine style by John Francis Bentley. It was completed in 1903 and consecrated by Cardinal Francis Bourne in 1910.
Opened and Consecrated in 1973.
The Cathedral was built in 1882 in the French Gothic style and was last reordered in 2001. The Cathedral parish is today a thriving multi-cultural community proud of its links with the nearby Royal Navy base and Portsmouth University.
Founded in 1808. Present church dates from 1932.
The Church of St Marie was opened in 1850. The Diocese of Hallam was created in 1980 and St Marie's became the Cathedral Church of the new diocese