Doors of Mercy: United States of America
Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Completed in 1963, the church contains shrines to its patron, St. Francis, and to St. John Paul II, who established the Diocese of Metuchen in November 1981. The shrines feature statues made exclusively for the church, along with relics of the saints.
Built over a fifty-five year period, the cathedral was dedicated on 19 October 1954. In 1995, Pope John Paul II celebrated vespers in the presence of the President of the United States. He later raised the cathedral to the dignity of a minor basilica.
Shrine was built in 1956 by Margaurite Staude as a place where art, beauty and the sacred meet. It has approximately 2.3 million visitors per year.
Palm Beach Gardens
The oldest Catholic church in northern New Hampshire.
St Joseph is the oldest French-Canadian parish in New England. It is the largest church in the state of Vermont and was built between 1884-1887. It became the Co-Cathedral in 1999.
Divine Mercy Parish was established in 2003 with the merger of 2 parishes in Bellevue, KY: Sacred Heart (founded 1874) and St. Anthony (founded 1889). We continue to use Sacred Heart Church, which is an impressive and beautiful example of sacred architecture, built in 1892.
The parish was established in 1836, making it the oldest in Fort Wayne. The current Gothic-style church was erected in 1860.
The parish of Saint Francis Xavier is the oldest in Indiana, with parish records beginning in 1749. The foundation of the present church was laid in 1826. The first four bishops of the Diocese of Vincennes are buried in the crypt. The church was elevated to the rank of minor basilica in 1970.
Christ the King is the Chapel on the campus of Franciscan University of Steubenville.
Dedicated as the Cathedral in 1904 by Bishop Patrick Ludden. It was dedicated under the title of the Immaculate Conception to reflect our patronage to the Blessed Mother.
The church dates from 1928, and was dedicated as the cathedral of the Diocese of Evansville in 1999.
elevated to a cathedral May 1957
St. Mary Parish began as five families gathering for Mass in 1932 and has grown to over 1000 families today. The present facilities were completed in 1955.
Founded in 1908
Initially known as Immaculate Conception Church and dating to 1884, Sacred Heart was elevated to the status of Cathedral with the creation of the Diocese of San Angelo in 1961.
Established as a basilica
shrine is under the direction of the Montfort Missionaries
Founded in 1868